Metal gave you an effective base in coin magic. Metal 2 built a strong foundation to hone your skills. Metal 3 takes it to the next level, with professional gaff handling, opening you up to a new realm.
IMPORTANT: You must have Flipper and Expanded Shell coins to perform the material in Metal 3. We have established a partnership with master machinist Roy Kueppers who can create all of the required gaffs for Metal 3. You can reach him here. Note: Gaffed coins are not included with this DVD.
Metal 3 includes 9 of Jone's best routines taught in high-definition detail. It introduces shells and flipper coins, with a sniper-like attitude to making people question reality when they see magic like this.
'Sleight of hand takes you part of the distance. Gaffs create the difference between something that's amazing… and a real miracle.' -- Eric Jones
What's on the DVD
Metal 3 includes 9 full-force routines taught in high-definition detail. It introduces shells and flipper coins, and a host of moves that can be performed with them.
• EJ Copper Silver - A copper coin to silver coin routine that happens in the spectators hands. You have to see this one to believe it.
• Tap Change - An instant, open handed change of a coin that looks like a camera trick.
• 2 Coin Production & Vanish - Watch as 2 coins, phase in and out of existance, time and time again.
• Submerged - 3 Coins, through the table, one by one while the SPECTATOR catches the falling coins as the pass through the wood.
• Ode to Latta - 3 Coins pass through the body to the other hand, then vanish one by one.
• Pac Man Production - A quick, sharp 3 coin production to start off a routine right.
• Glitch Change - A slow, slow elegant coin change from silver, to copper, back to silver. The change, slowed down, is so striking.
• 3 Coin Vanish - Watch them fade out of sight, one by one, until nothing is left.
• Flash Coins Re-Lit - Worth the price of the DVD. This is our favorite coin rotuine of all time. Have to see it to believe it.
• Introduction to Gaffs
• Gaffs; an inside look
• Tips, Performance footage and more.
If you don't own any coins we highly recommend picking some up. Ellusionist sells high-quality, custom Artifact coins (half dollar size) that will glimmer as you perform. The coins that we sell are NOT gaffed coins.
Looking for Gaff Coins? We have established a partnership with master machinist Roy Kueppers who can make ALL of your needed gaffs for Metal 3.
• Flipper coin (Required for Metal 3)
• Expanded Shell (Required for Metal 3)
• Folding coin
• Two sided
• Magnetic coins
He'll even create custom work based on your needs. Give him a shout, he's a great guy and you can reach him here.
|15 Item(s)||Add Your Review||Show per page|
Excellent teaching by an excellent teacher! Eric really goes into details as always! A lot of great tricks! Buy it, you wont regret it!
Even if you are not a fan of gaffed coins, this is still a must buy. Every now and then Eric teaches something within a gaffed routine that can be performed without them. And as always, Eric's teaching is excellent.
Very good teaching by Eric Jones. Never liked gaffed coins. But now i really do! This is a must buy for every coin magician out there!
You are not performing magic at this point, but miracles. The gaffed coins open unnumbered possibilities.
Best gaff dvd. Eric is the best teacher . You can't miss this!!!
I picked this up off of Eric Jones himself at a convention in May. He is one of the best educators around. These videos are really high quality, and he is so detailed that you never feel lost in the magic. This one has some of my favorite effects ever. I recommend them all.
Best DVD out of the trilogy. Ive never used Gaffed coins until I watched this. It is pricey but it is totally worth it. Every routine in the DVD is incredible.
Great overview of gaffed coin magic. Way too pricey for this volume, IMO...
The coins themselves are going to cost you a fortune and then this DVD is only going to teach you a couple tricks with each. Ouch. But great teaching as always! Just a bit light on the number of effects. I'd say 3.5 stars.
Well i have to say metal 3 is by far the best coin magic dvd ive ever seen as a matter a fact the whole series is great. Now as far as metal 3 is concerned Eric jones provides you with the most pratical & hard hitting routines to work with. the gaffs for the most part are not that bad to buy. I know the other reviews say there expensive but the overall product vaule of this dvd is unreal. Iam sure whenever you started magic you wanted to do the impossible and make it look like trick photograhy well with Metal 3 you can do that. Eric shows you so many pratical things you can do with gaffs that your creative think and knowledge will go into creative mode after you learn the sleght. Hell if you go out and perform these routines for a gig you can make the money back in a week. This Dvd is a wtf was that kinda thing people will freak out like never before buy it.... trust me you wont be as good as the guy who did buy it learned it and are out there performing it. Dont be cheap if you want to be great than buy everything that comes with it...its not a brand new car or laptop for crying out loud just buy the stuff.......Iam done its your loss if you wait around for the next best thing in my oppion this is as strong as coin magic can get.
I don't own this DVD yet but I'll be getting it soon. This is a reply to Robert Justin's review.
Yes those gaffs on their own is pretty expensive, especially if you buy most of them from the high end coin gaff makers like Schoolcraft or Larsen, but Johnson isn't too bad.
If you go onto Johnson and buy a Hopping Half set you've got not only an amazing gaff routine, but you also have an Expanded Shell and Sun/Moon coin, so that takes care of 2 of the gaffs right there.
Next is the Flipper Coin, some are terrible, others are sublime, imo if you're wanting one that looks amazing you'll have to get at least a Roy Kueppers one, he makes some beautiful Flipper Coins, and they're not terribly expensive, about $38 for the common US Half Dollar one's, and anywhere between $75 and $230 for the better one's.
imo I think it'd be better to buy the more expensive one's like the Magnetic Gravity Flipper Coins, they make the moves a lot easier and a lot more magical.
**THIS REVIEW APPLIES TO METAL 3 ONLY**
Ok. Metal 3. Here it is after so much waiting and... well to me I feel like it falls a little short of the other two videos. Here's why:
1. Instead of taking time to focus on one specific gaff for the entire DVD, Metal 3 becomes a hodgepodge of several tricks with several different (expensive) gaffs. The tricks are not terribly difficult at all and it really is interesting to see how all the gaffs can fit together in the routines presented, but I feel it is detrimental to the student to be presented with such a wide array of coin gaffs, especially if one is new to coin magic and is using this series to start off. This brings me to my next point.
2. If you are not moderately wealthy and are just getting started in coin magic, DON'T BUY THIS DVD (only speaking of Metal 3, the other two are incredibly insightful and helpful on you quest to becoming a good coin magician). While, yes, the tricks are really cool, and, yes, there are a couple of really good pieces of slight of hand magic that are tought on this DVD that can be applied to a single, ungaffed coin routine, the overall product is incredibly disappointing because of all the gaffs you will most undoubtably need to purchase in order to make these miracles work. I'm not talking just about a $40 Johnson Expanded shell here, I'm talking about a flipper coin, an expanded shell, and two copper/silver coins as well as an additional normal copper coin. Ellusionist sells one of the three of these gaffs (shell). The others you will need to purchase elsewhere, and with the shell being around $40 and the cheapest of all the gaffs, be prepared to spend between $100-150 on these gaffs. Oh, and did I mention that those are the cheapest? Hmmmm...
All in all this is a great DVD for learning a couple of strong tricks with a wide array of coin weapons, however I feel that eithere Ellusionist should provide you with a list of the gaffs you will need to get the most out of this DVD, or they themselves should sell these gaffs so as to avoid frustrating the customers with another $100 or so purchase. Also, to those of you who were hoping for, or thought that this DVD would deal primarily with shell coins and their applications and some cool new routines to do with your expanded shell, like me you will be disappointed because most of the shell routines are either recycled material, or a variation of something straight out of Bobo's Modern Coin magic. The teaching of the tricks themselves are very good as are the tips on maintaining your gaffs found on the DVD, something that Eric Jones is never lacking in. I feel like next time though, Eric Jones should make several DVD's just dealing with the different gaffs (such as a DVD specifically targeting expanded shells, and another for the applications of flipper coins, and another for sun and moon and copper silver coins, etc). All in all, this DVD is great for the intermediate coin magician who already owns some of if not all of the gaffs above, or someone who doesn't mind/can afford to buy the gaffs. However for someone like me who is tight on money I can't honestly reccomend this particular DVD to anyone who doesn't fit into those two categories. Buy Metal 1 and Metal 2, but if you don't want to spend another $100-150 on gaffs, leave this one out.
Metal 3 is by far the best resource on gaffed coin magic on the market. The entire Metal series is a must have for your magic library, as they will serve you well learning how to create miracles. Metal 3 is a true gem of coin magic, as it prepares you to handle gaffed coins with confidence and ease. You will be amazed at what kind of miracles you can create with little or even no sleight of hand at all! The teaching is shot very clearly, the explainations and re-explainations are extremely valuable. The production of this DVD is high quality and every routine keeps your interest. Metal 3 is for real world, non-web cam performers who want to go out and share magic to the world and amaze. All 3 Metal DVD's are well worth their price, the magic you will learn is priceless. GET IT! You won't regret it.
Eric, you outdid yourself! Bravo! If you have studied Metal 1, and follow up with Metal two and 3, you will be a true coin artist. This DVD contains so much stuff it's drool worthy. My only problem with it is that it didn't go on forever - I want a Metal 4!
Wow,just wow! If you are looking for coin magic with some serious punch power, look no further. Eric Jones and Ellusionist are really delivering lately, with Metal 2 and 3 not being anything but perfect. If you even remotely like coin magic, you are bound to find something for your routines on here.
Up until now, I've never been completely comfortable with gaffed coins in magic. With Eric's teachings and routines, I can now safely say that I'll be studying all of these routines and implementing at least 80% of them into my repertoire - it's that great!
|15 Item(s)||Add Your Review||Show per page|
Ellusionist Recognition Points
Ellusionist Recognition Points are free and you are automatically earning them when you place an order with us. You must be logged in to your customer account before placing your order to earn points.
Why is earning points awesome? Because you can use them for Ellusionist store credit, or even exclusive reward items that cannot be purchased from Ellusionist!