Isolated by Kieron Johnson
ATTENTION! YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SOLVE A CUBE TO DO THIS TRICK.
SIGNED RUBIKS CUBE IN BOTTLE. YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT.
Object to impossible bottle is THE most talked about trick in magic. It sends audiences spinning.
Dynamo did it with a phone, Jamie Grant became a staple of Ripley’s Believe it or not by putting a deck inside a bottle. Now Kieron Johnson is changing the industry by putting a signed rubiks cube in bottle.
We’ll repeat that again. A spectator’s SIGNED rubiks cube to impossible bottle.
Even with the power of 10,000 suns, it cannot be taken out. Let them shake, rattle or spin it to their heart’s content. It’s trapped for good.
“Very direct and practical. I can’t wait to use it in my show!” - Henry Harrius
"Kieron has evolved the cube in bottle effect to create a powerful weapon in cube magic." - Takamiz Usui
Like Isolated will, Cube magic is taking the world by storm lately, appearing on every major TV Talent show in some form or another. The hard part is finding one that hasn’t gone viral.
Audiences know how difficult solving a cube is, so instant solves are impressive… but their cube appearing trapped in a small glass jar is literally MAGIC.
In over 2 hours of extensive explanations you’ll learn Kieron’s many ways of fitting this easily into a routine. A true worker, he performs this multiple times at every walk-around gig to every single stage appearance.
The cube gets into the bottle in seconds and is 100% examinable.
+ 2 INCREDIBLE BONUSES
BONUS #1 - LEARN THIS FULL 3 CUBE ROUTINE IN ISOLATED
BONUS #2 - LOOK MOM, NO HANDS! - LEARN FREACAPPED... CAP A PEN WITH JUST YOUR MOUTH
“Isolated is a perfect example of Kieron’s deviously creative and yet obviously practical approach to performing with a Rubik’s Cube.” - Karl Hein
In this jam-packed project you'll be able to take your first leap into the world of cube magic. Or for seasoned pros, finish with a climax that isn't just impressive, it's impossible.
We didn’t believe it, until we saw it.
Become a cube convert.
Get ISOLATED today.
DISCLAIMER: Kieron Johnson reserves all TV performance rights to this trick. If you'd like to perform it on TV, please contact him directly.
Paul(Long review but need to know information)
I’m no Feliks Zemdegs (look him up) or Shin Lim but I’ve been solving Rubik’s Cubes and doing card magic for years. I can typically solve a cube somewhere between 30s and 1min. And I’m no stranger to card magic so....When I saw this - had to have it. Here’s my reviews and honest opinions/potential issues:
1) Both gimmicks are extremely well made, devilishly clever, undetectable, examinable, and amazing. I was astounded by the method and thought it was pure genius. You will receive two gimmick cubes and two normal cubes. There is literally no difference between any of them. So good you could actually “give it away” at the end of the routine as a souvenir BUT you’d have to buy another one (refill) to perform it again. If you’re a working magician and make good money this would be an awesome souvenir to give away for weddings, birthdays, or corporate events. I’d like to have a couple extra gimmicks on hand just for this - seems odd that I’d keep a signed cube in a jar that has someone else’s signature on it lol. I hope ellusionist offers refills in the future for a fair price. ($25-$35?)
2) I’m not pleased with KJ’s patter/presentation. His patter fits his style not mine and I’ve simply had to rework the routine from scratch and provide my own motivation/misdirection to fit “me” so that I’m able to work it into my routines. For example I don’t wear a coat with pockets, however he does provide a paper bag (you could use your own bag/box/etc) as a way to achieve the desired effect without having to wear a blazer/sport coat. This makes this primarily a table routine for me as there is a need to ditch something on the off beat and I typically don’t have a pocket big enough to ditch to for this effect. If you want to do this strolling or walk around....you’ll need pockets.
3) No you do not need to “know” how to solve the cube as KJ provides a very simple and easy to learn algorithm for you to use to scramble and solve the cube....a false shuffle if you will....HOWEVER....if you slip up while practicing or performing (and you will)....You will need to know how to solve the cube to reset. ALL of the cubes provided are all real cubes! so some experience would be a plus. You will not be able to peel off stickers like you did when you were a kid. The gaffed cube is not gaffed to instantly solve itself....it is gaffed in a different way to achieve the in-jar production. Despite being gaffed in a unique way it still works like a real cube, can be handled, examined, etc and no one will ever detect it ....it’s that good. But if you mishandle the algorithm.....you will need to know how to solve it. One of the included routines does require you to know how to solve.
4) The provided cubes are semi-good quality speed cubes. Very comparable to some of the speed cubes I own. They rotate very fast. The only thing I don’t like is they all have stickers. When I received mine some of the stickers were sorta peeling up on the corners (probably from the heat in the mail) and I had to rub them down. I hope to see a Version 2 in the future without stickers...rather colored squares. They would last longer in my opinion. I believe that if I use this as much as I intend to the stickers will become worn out over time requiring new stickers or replacement cubes like some of my other personal cubes I’ve used in the past. Think of your new deck of cards after you’ve handled them for several weeks and how they begin to show age. Well....This would cause a discrepancy with the final revelation “when” the cubes begin to age. So wash your hands and don’t let your kids play with them.
5) One awesome thing is KJ provides a few extra things that aren’t exactly necessary or even part of the routine but cool to have. These items were included to help you be creative and possibly come up with some of your own routines. I’m excited to experiment with this idea.
6) The Reset. I figured out how to reset quicker. KJ demonstrates quite the process to reset that may be longer than the 30 seconds advertised and someone is gonna screw their cube up trying it. If you purchase this effect and have read this you’ll just need a stronger “thingy” and it resets A LOT quicker. I used a stronger “thingy” and with my finger pulled down on the cube and the gaff reset without having to shove any kind of tool inside.
7) I rated 4/5 because of the foreseeable issue of sticker/cube replacement once they start to show age. One gaff won’t match the other at some point....1 month....1 year.....who knows? Depends on how much you use the cubes. From my experience with sticker cubes....the more you handle them....the stickers will start to show wear around the edges. Also you will need to make an additional purchase before performing if you don’t already have one (pk ring). It should be included or mentioned before hand.
SummaryVery Happy with the product, however if you don't have a PK ring (Which is my case) you'll have to plan for an extra (not low) cost to make it work cleanly. An other method is offered on the trailer but it's not really excited and i don't really see myself wearing a plaster for important gig.
SummaryI wanted to update my review:
Not only is it worth every penny - now I am getting paid by it! I just sold my first rubik's cube in a bottle and made $50 off of it! If you are a working magician, and haven't considered the profit you can make from this trick, you are not thinking about how to put your leverage to work. Thank you Ellusionist!
SummaryBeware! This is a great trick but there is a major problem. The stickers are one of a kind and the dealer will not sell replacement stickers. I wanted to add this to my shell routine but the stickers don't match any of the ones I can find online. When I called I was told I should break the glass, take out the cube, put on my own stickers, and then pay $50 to have it shipped over and put back in the jar. I think for $175, giving the buyer access to replacement stickers is a must. Many of us will need a new cube or do shell work. Again, love the gimmick and as a stand alone it works great. But if you plan on adding it to an existing routine get out your wallets.
SummaryI got this gimmick and the same day i performed it. I am not a professional but I am able to do it. The first time i performed this i messed up the presentation and skipped to the finally and still got amazing reactions once they saw the signed cube in jar. I love this!
SummarySaw kieran perform this at a wedding he was such a nice guy he spent some time chatting my mom loved him and his magic she hates magicians normally. I will say Video doesn’t do kieron justice he is absolutely brilliant live. This was a bad room with bad angles and he absolutely stormed it. One of the best live performers I’ve seen. The effect is amazing Its so easy yet so powerful love the extras. He give you a lot of extra worth every penny.
SummaryI get great reactions from the simplest routine on here.... Signed mixed cube to signed solved cube in jar in impossible location. Very happy work purchase.
SummaryI used this for the first time at the restaurant I work at - and it left the spectators totally floored. "That's your signature, isn't it? How'd you get that in there?" Two of them knew what was coming, and they were still blown away. This is worth every penny
SummaryKieron lefever is one incredible creator. This really is dynamo style magic for the working pro without stooges or camera tricks. The material taught with this is superb. The quality of the product is faultless.
SummaryI wish I could rate 4.5 stars. The effect is excellent, but there are some issues. For comparison, I think it’s a much stronger trick than Rubicon (retail $350), which I saw Greg Wilson perform live. He kills with Rubicon because he is a great entertainer. I’d love to see what he could do with Isolated. I really don’t think Kieron’s style is helping - look at the reactions he gets. There are two performances for laymen. One reaction is good, not great, the other barely registers. The third performance, for a magician, gets a huge reaction, because the magician “gets” what a hard-hitting effect this should be.
A couple of the claims should be addressed. “Resets in 30 seconds.” Yes, but you will need privacy; can’t do it walking around. “Don’t need to be able to solve a cube.” That’s not at all realistic. When practicing, you will make errors and scramble the cube. You will have to solve it or take it apart to get back to start position.
- Isolated 9/10. One drawback is that the cube must go out of sight for a moment or two. The routine deals with this, but I’d like to see a more direct approach. Also can be a little noisy. Best parts - it fools, and is 100% practical and dependable. No angles. Totally examinable.
- Jazz 9/10. Three cube routine with a lot of potential. You must actually solve a cube while trying to entertain, so you need to be quick about it.
- A routine with RD360 gimmick. 10/10. The hidden gem in this package. Harrius’ gimmick retails for $155, but turns this into a brain smashing effect. Scrambled, signed cube to solved, signed cube in jar. More impossible because the spectator scrambles the cube!
- Kev G CubeCards routine 7/10. Nice, but seems to be getting away from the point.
- Freakapped 6/10. Cute throwaway trick. Why is it here?
Video 6/10. Would be adequate for a $30 trick. Sloppy camera work, lack of editing, rambling explanations. With pro pricing comes pro video production.
Performances 6/10. Really the weakest part of the package. Jazz routine in particular is not at all entertaining as presented. The RD360 variant is very solid as is. Be prepared to start over from scratch when crafting your presentation.
Craftsmanship 10/10. Good quality, but typical-looking speedcubes, prelubricated. Nice cloth bag. All the sneaky stuff works great. (Tip: use a plastic spudger for the reset tool). The end state cube in bottle is perfect.
I don’t mean to slam Kieron. I don’t like his performance style, but he seems like a great guy, has a stellar rep, and is obviously fiendishly clever. As an amateur, I’ve never paid anything close to this price for a single effect, but I did it without blinking and I’m glad I did. I hope my comments help people decide for themselves.
Any pro who is doing Rubik’s cube work who doesn’t jump on this should turn in their business cards.