Lock Stock & Riot by Peter McKinnon
Starting at $8
A Note from Peter McKinnonThis DVD is something I originally, never intended to put out. I had a lot of these little things written down in an old leather notebook just tucked away on my book shelf, waiting for a chance, that perfect moment to present themselves.
I perform them regularly, but have never shown them to more than a handful of very close friends. Once thinking about the idea of releasing these to the community, I started shifting towards print. There is something about the written word that I love and always come back too.
However, Upon several Skype conversations with the Ellusionist team, and test driving some of the effects in Los Angeles this past summer, it occurred to me they HAVE to be put to DVD. There is no way I will be able to translate just how visual some of these pieces are with words- It HAS to be seen.
Inside you will find 6 pieces of magic in the form of routines, sleights and flourishes. Magic with finger rings, magic with neck ties and of course, playing cards.
Scattered throughout several of the routines are then variations based on those routines - I go into plenty of detail explaining every single nuance of every corner and crevasse these effects have to offer. With a run time of over an hour of instruction and performance, I invite you to step inside that once forgotten leather notebook, and get ready for an influx of visual magic.
On The DVD
- • Pandora - Pete's favorite effect from this DVD. A card is genuinely selected from a shuffled deck, the deck put aside and the card put back in the box and the whole thing is handed back to the spectator to hold. Instantly, the card has vanished - only to appear in the performer's back pocket, inside his hat, stuck to the back of the box - or wherever else he wants.
- • Pantheon - A Ring is placed onto the finger - and then slowly melts off with a rub. One further the rub, and the whole ring disappears. With a wave of the hand, the ring rematerialises back on the first finger. A modular routine that's a superb deviation from the 'common card trick'.
- • Revelator - A quick flourishy production of a full fan of cards from a single card held at the fingertips.
- • Dragonfly 2.0 - From a free flourish & control given to Black Club Members comes this full transposition effect. A card inserted into the centre of the deck in a flourish swaps places with one clearly placed at the bottom of the deck.
- • Suit Up - A Necktie appears in the action of taking off a hat. An opener that breaks the ice, like a Sir.
- • Breakdown - As seen on the Infinity, Artifice, LTD, ShadowMaster and BlackGhost trailers - it's the flourish Pete has been inundated with requests to teach. On this DVD - he finally.. uh.. breaks it down.
SummaryP.M really should have more dvd's out. This is a great mix of tricks which is always a good thing when you can only get one dvd for awhile. It has a little of every and P.M is a fun teacher and one of the few magicians willing to give out his email to answer your questions. Bottom line Lock stock and riot is a must buy.
SummaryP.M really should have more dvd's out. This is a great mix of tricks which is always a good thing when you can only get one dvd for awhile. It has a little of everything and P.M is a fun teacher and one of the few magicians willing to give out his email to answer your questions. Bottom line Lock stock and riot is a must buy.
Summarythe best product on the ellusionist website. the perfect mix of different types of magic, ring/cards/flourishes,etc. i look forward to many more bundles of magic like this from ellusionist.
pete's instructions are engaging, funny, clear and easy to follow. extremely high quality production and nothing too difficult. has my recommendation x1000, BUY THIS!
SummaryI like it. Not sure what more to say there. Peter has his unique style of having fun while teaching and the tricks are fun ones to do. I would definitely advise you to pick this one up.
SummaryI'm a huge fan of Peter McKinnon, this DVD is unreal, I've practised Pantheon so much since I've bought it I am now doing it instinctively when I go to put a ring on. Peter is incredibly funny and engaging throughout the DVD, and he even convinced me to buy my first bowler hat.
SummaryThe effects taught in this dvd are amazing. Peter goes in to great detail and makes sure you know exactly how to perform these.
SummaryA little bit of everything -- rings, cards, flourishes, weird neck tie tricks -- in this disc, and it's fantastic. Very cool tricks, and unique as well. I think ny favorite is pulling the card off of the box in Pandora, the spectators are so baffled when that happens. Five stars to Peter McKinnon, and a recommendation for Blackpool as well if you have yet to buy it. The booklet is on his website. All love and cards, adios.
SummaryI'm still relatively new and had used original presentations until very recently. Peter does an exceptional job at providing detailed instructions and I've already used 2 or 3 effects extensively since purchasing the DVD. Also, he's a Riot, very funny guy.
SummaryWhat can I say get this and learn some of the most easy to follow instructions and effects to add to your routine. Though I do very little sleight of hand I found some things in this to make me want to add some to my current gospel magic show. Well worth its price and very easy to follow what is taught.
SummaryLike everyone said, it's hilarious. I thought of giving 4 stars just because I can only see myself really using two of the effects and the flourish (which is very cool) but Peter's teaching is amazing so I give 5 Stars.