Silver Edge 2 by Kim Andersen
Starting at $39.95
THE MUCH REQUESTED SEQUEL TO AN ELLUSIONIST BESTSELLER
The Silver Edge 2 is a continued exploration of super strong magnetic coins and the wild magic that can be performed with them.
- Unreal appearances
- Self-working vanishes
- Deceptive click-passes
- Gripless Steals
& Much Much More
WHAT MAKES SILVER EDGE 2 DIFFERENT?
KIM'S TUTORIALS - YOU WILL LEARN...
Bringing Coins To A Knife Fight - A normal borrowed butter-knife is shown and spun around in your empty hands. Acting as a magic wand, with a tap, 3 coins appear. With a wave of this 'prison wand' the coins vanish and then the knife vanishes along with it. The secret to this is almost as good as the performance.
Don't Blink - Using only two coins and two hands. In 'Don't Blink' Kim will teach you how to make a single coin cleanly vanish from one hand and appear snuggled-up to the other coin in your other hand. Confused? Don't worry, Kim then repeats this feat with open hands so you can see the EXACT moment the coin vanishes in a whirlwind of fury. You blame your audience for blinking and missing the magic, then proceed to vanish the last coin in the cleanest manner possible.
Neon Kickback - Giving a whole new meaning to 3 fly, Kim will teach you how to make a coin FLY (literally) from the fingertips of one hand, to your other hand... completely on it's own. The second and third coin then immediately vanish and appear in your other hand. A 'WTF' visual they can't unsee.
Silver Fantasies - A startling empty hand appearance of 3 coins. Inspired by Meir Yedid's work with Finger Fantasies you pull, distort and break your fingers, then 3 coins appear. We know what you're thinking and you're wrong. This can be performed with no sleeves at all.
Three Dollar Lap Dance - The world's first coin trick performed from your lap. 3 coins are shown and begin to vanish unexpectedly. You're trying to tell a story and they're not behaving like they should. The kicker ending is that they were never silver coins to begin with, but Chinese coins all along. Super casual and ultra-fooling.
Two Coins One Cup - We give you permission to punch yourself in the face for not thinking of this. We have already. Using your gaffs in a new way, Kim will show you how to borrow a cup, show it empty and push a coin through the bottom. The coin lands in the spectators awaiting hand and EVERYTHING is immediately examinable.
Pirate Parts - You're at a party and you don't have your Silver Edge coins on you. What do you do? Brett is begging you to do that coin trick for his sister Dee and don't realize you need gimmicks. No matter. Using authentic 'pirate parts' you can achieve the same clean vanish with 3 borrowed coins.
The Sound of Fear - A beautiful vanish sequence of 3 coins that uses 1 'coin' to achieve the magic. All 3 vanish and appear around different parts of your body, only to disappear again - ALL at once.
GK PALM #1 - A deceptive click pass that looks like a transformer robot from behind and an invisible vanish from the front. Satisfying to watch, but orgasmic to perform.
+ ALMOST 20 MINUTES OF BONUS IDEAS
FEATURING 7 ROUTINES & IDEAS FROM ELLUSIONIST'S OWN GERAINT CLARKE
"There's a difference between liking something and loving something. I love Silver Edge.
Anyone who's seen me perform in the last 2 years has seen me perform with Silver Edge coins. They're always on me (stored in my quiver coin holder).
I became obsessed with this relatively undiscovered utility and began to experiment with my own routines and concepts. Using them in different ways.
When I heard Kim was doing a second volume, I forced my way onto the project." - @Geraint_Clarke
BUYERS WILL ALSO LEARN
Easy Neon Coins - This is my version of Kim's Neon Coins. After a one-off late-night tutorial at a convention in London, I couldn't remember how Kim was achieving this routine. I went away and developed my own click pass and handling for this effect. For new coin workers, it's much easier to perform but holds the same power as Kim's masterpiece.
Timeline Neon Coins - This is a presentational idea using an app by Patrick Kun. By justifying your final position in the routine before it starts, you can maximize impact by building anticipation with your audience. Where you end up is exactly where you started... with no coins.
That Balance Thing - Funny story, this effect was almost left off this project. It was conceived the week of filming and only shown to Kim over a few Margaritas when I got to London. Since then, it has become Kim's favorite thing that I do with the coins and caught the attention of some TV magicians who are dying to perform it. It's taking magnetic coins WAY outside of the box and we had to include it.
Coin Roll Steal - Probably my favorite item taught, the coin roll steal teaches you how to casually roll a coin over your fingers, letting the gaff do the work for you. The coin roll is harder than the secret itself.
GK Palm #2 - A gripless steal of two coins. What do I mean by that? I mean no curled or closed fingers. Your hands are left open and seemingly empty. The coins actually steal themselves during a 'click pass' and end up vanishing in the cleanest manner possible.
Casual Shadow Coins - Performed on your leg, or on a close-up mat, this is an alternative kicker ending to NEON coins. Where 1 coin becomes 3 as you wave your hand forward. Aesthetically it looks like shadow coins, but the method is basically self-working.
3 Coin Production - As a magician your trick is magical and the final vanish is magical... So why would you start with just pulling the coins out of your pocket? This 3 coin production uses the secret properties of Silver Edge to mimic the appearance of other coin productions from your sleeve. However, in this version all you need is the gimmick and gravity.
Disclaimer: Viewers advised. Silver Edge 2 contains some strong language.
CKSmashing!!! Just absolutely SMASHINGGGG!!! Its my first time really writing and I feel I must.
So I've been eyeing on this product of Version 1 since idk when as I was always on the fence of how expensive and whether it was worth the price and quality. Finally after months (6-7months) of saving up, I decided to give the product a shot.
Hell I was bloody happy to hit that checkout button. The things you can do with the 'Silver Edge' is spectacular. The quality is amazing and the effects you can do with is endless. Many people might think its crazy hard to perform but trust me this is nothing compared to the works of other coin magicians. The gimmick literally gives out an eye candy visual and impossible effect.
Then came the 'Silver Edge 2', heck it was mind-blowing again with different effects to carry out. After almost 3 days of finishing the 4hr video, I can say its definitely worth getting it.
Some of my favourite routines from this volume includes the Sound of Fear, 3Dollar Lap dance, Silver Fantasies and Don't Blink. To be honest, with all that incredible teaching, its definitely worth more than the price they offer. Kim Anderson not only share his effects but teaches it in a very entertaining and charismatic manner which you won't get bored at all.
I perform his 'Silver edge 1' effects around and gets amazing reaction. I post one of his effect on Instagram which definitely is one of my favorite effect he taught.
PS: Ig account - ck_chong118. Do check out and I'd be most happy if Kim Anderson would give me a follow if he reads this ;)
Anyways, show Kim some support and do give this product a shot
RandyOk so I have been waiting for this project to come out for a long time I bought silver edge right when it came out and then lost my magnetic coins a month later so I bought a second pair when I heard silver edge 2 was coming out I was determined these coins are some of my favorite gimmicks to work with and I use them more than my Eric Jones set that I bought from Roy Kueppers. I have been experimenting with these coins a lot and on this project he covers stuff that is just pure genius I don't typically review stuff but this demanded a review. Each of the routines is flawless and very well created. I will be using this material in my every day street magic exclusively and it is literally well worth your money.
As a pigeon I was semi impressed by silver edge 1 but silver edge 2 I was screaming in delight
michaelThis is spectacular! From the performances to the bonus section, every second is worth pure gold.
Just from watching the teaching i already know ill add at least two great routines to my set - the 3 coins vanish with Chinese ending and another one i took from SE1 and SE2, and put together. I will also use three other routines (coins and cup, knife fight and lap dance) in more casual settings.
Disclaimer: I didn't really look at the bonus yet, except for the balance coin and the gk palm(the pinch palm) which are both very cool.
What you get?
First, the performances, which are all very entertaining and insightful. Kim performs for laymen, magicians, skeptics and drunks, and handles them all extremely well. Between that, his energy and comedy and watching the actual routines in action you can learn a lot.
Second, the tutorials for the routines:
1. Coins to a knife fight: Probably my favourite routines on the project. Its amazing! It uses an actual knife so i cant always do it, but if your a restaurant worker this is just for you. The routine is as follows: you introduce a knife and show your hand empty in a very clean manner, and then, out of nowhere, you produce 3 coins. After that you can do any "silver edge stack" routine or just vanish the coins instantly, using a great move that can be applied to almost any coin trick.
2. Dont blink: Probably my least favourite part of this project. It's just a two coins across that ends with them both vanishing. Its quick an Visual but not as good as the rest of the stuff on here.
3. Neon kickback: this is great! Very quick and happens on the offbeat. It just happens in front of the spectators and they wont see it. This is the one where one coin first flies (really) from one hand to the other, and then, almost instantly, the two others, in the other hand travel as well. I think it works best as an extra phase for the original neon coins.
4. Silver fantasies: really really nice coin production and vanish. It's very clean, and kim will teach you some nice finger tricks that look really good (credit to Meir Yedid). All the finger tricks make the hands look totally empty, so when the coin production comes in, it catches you off guard.
5. Three dollar lap dance: wow! Jus wow! I wish i could do this all the time! If i could do this standing, it would be my favourite routine, but if your seated you have a chance to do a real miracle. The coins vanish and reappear in a very clean manner, and you end by changing them to Chinese coins. Amazing!
6. Two coins one cup: pretty cool coin through cup. I wasn't amazed, but i know these are magnetic. In the performances he did it to a magician, and completely fooled him, so I'll use it when i can.
7. Pirate parts: really cool! This is pretty clean three coin vanish. He shows 2 versions. One for magicians, that is great for conventions, and one that uses the same move he uses in the knife routine to vanish the coins, but this time the dont need to be magnetic. He does use a very common gimmick for both versions but in a pretty cool way.
8. The sound of fear: Probably the most practical routine on the project, and the one I'll use the most. It's the one he did for the guys that sang the Ghostbusters song in the trailer. He vanishes three coins, than produces them one at a time very cleanly, than changes them all into Chinese coins or even tomatoes (the last change is taught on the bonus part), and then vanishes them too. Crazy!
All in all, this project is out of this world. I will use a lot of the things taught on here, and i really love the routines, but for me the highlight was Kim, his teaching and his audience management - i watched the 20 minutes performances video like five times, and i can easily say its worth the price of the entire project. Thank you Kim and Ellusionist.